Breast Lift or Mastopexy
Improves breast shape. Treatment for Sagging Breast.
When to Consider a Breast Lift
- Pregnancy, nursing, gravity, weight gain or loss, normal aging, and heredity have taken a toll on the shape of your breasts, resulting in sagging
- If your surgeon thinks that breast implants alone are unlikely to achieve the contour you desire
- If the tissue surrounding the nipple or areola has become stretched
Breast lift surgery, also called mastopexy, is used to correct ?droopy? or sagging breasts. The procedure removes excess skin from in and around the breasts that has been stretched during pregnancy and weight fluctuations or old age.Breast implants may also be used in conjunction with this procedure to achieve the desired result.
Approximately two to three hours.
General anesthesia is administered and the patient is completely asleep. The procedure can also be performed under intravenous sedation and local anesthesia.
Either is possible depending on the patient’s medical condition and the preference of the surgeon.
Possible Side Effects
Temporary bruising, swelling, some mild discomfort, numbness, and dry/tender breast skin.
Unfavorable scarring with keloid formations is possible. In addition skin loss, infection, unevenly positioned nipples (asymmetry), and the possibility of permanent loss of feeling in the nipples and/or the breasts.
The patient can return to work within one week or more and may resume strenuous activities after one month. The fading of scars may take several months to one year.
The outcome varies from patient to patient. Other factors that may influence results are: gravity, pregnancy, aging, and weight changes which may cause new sagging. Results may last longer or be enhanced when breast implants are inserted as part of the procedure adding support to the newly positioned breast tissue.
Am I a good candidate for a breast lift?
If you?ve become increasingly unhappy about the sagging of your breasts, you may wonder what surgery can do. Don?t be surprised if your surgeon suggests combining breast augmentation or breast reduction with your lift; adjunct procedures may be necessary to achieve your goals.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a breast lift:
- Breasts that are pendulous but adequate in size.
- Breasts that lack substance or firmness.
- Nipples and areolas that point downward, especially if they are positioned below the breast crease.
- Breasts that appear different from each other; one breast may appear firm and well positioned while the other does not.
- Breasts that are not equal in size.
- Breasts that are relatively small.
- Breasts that are large and heavy can be lifted, but the results may not be as long-lasting as a breast lift performed on smaller breasts; the weight of larger breasts works against surgical changes.
- You are finished with childbearing and breast-feeding. If you plan to have children, you may want to postpone cosmetic breast surgery. Pregnancy may stretch the breasts and reduce their volume, compromising surgery benefits.
Consult Dr. Shilpi Bhadani for Breast Lift surgery in Gurgaon (Treatment for Sagging Breast).
For appointments with Dr Shilpi please call +918130134693
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All aesthetics needs of the patients are met under one roof at her Plastic Surgery Clinic on Golf course road based out of UPHI- The Wellness and Surgical Centre Gurgaon. She has an extensive range of medical therapies for skin aesthetics.