Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast Augmentation is the Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery for increasing the fullness and the size of the breasts. It is also called Breast enhancement or Breast enlargement. Breast Augmentation is usually sought after by women who have small breast size according to their bodies or who simply want to get bigger for personal reasons.
- It may also be desired by women or girls with asymmetrical breasts. Small breasts are usually cited as a reason for low confidence among young and middle aged women. Getting a breast augmentation Cosmetic Surgery often leads to improvement in self esteem and the confidence with which one carries herself.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
- There can be different types of Breast augmentation which lead to improvement in the size, appearance of the breasts because they lead to firm and taut breasts. The most common surgery by which breast size is increased is by Silicone breast implants. The other type of implants are saline implants which are less common.
- Another procedure to increase the breast size is by fat transfer. In this procedure fat is taken from one’s own body through liposuction and is placed in the breast to increase the breast size.
- The breast implants are placed either under or over the chest or pectoral muscles after surgically creating a pocket, thus producing a cosmetic enhancement of breasts. In the majority of the cases, the scars are placed in the inframammary crease or under the breast (which is an un-noticeable area) and the implants are positioned.
- In selected cases a peri-areolar, trans-areolar or axillary approach can also be taken. You can discuss the pros and cons of breast augmentation by each method with the Plastic Surgeon. The scar settles well with time and in many cases is close to invisible because of the good quality of the scar and the invisible area it is placed in, thus it is marketed by some centres as scarless Breast augmentation.
- At The Plastic Surgery Clinic of Dr Shilpi Bhadani female Cosmetic breast Surgeon in Gurgaon, breast augmentation is a very common procedure. She is considered to be one of the best Cosmetic surgeon for breast augmentation in Gurgaon, Delhi and NCR. She practices at her clinic at UPHI – The Wellness and Surgical Centre on Golf Course road and Paras Hospital in Gurgaon.
- She also provides pre operative simulation of before and after breast augmentation for the women who are keen to see how they would look post breast augmenation. For simulation a second appointment will need to be booked after the first one. For cost of breast augmentation before and after simulation, call on +918130134693. You can also choose the breast implants according to your size and need in the simulation.
- This procedure takes approximately 90 minutes to 120 minutes.
- A general anesthesia is administered and the patient is completely asleep, or an intravenous sedation is used, combined with local anesthesia to minimise the pain during the procedure.
- Breast augmentation will require hospital admission and the patients can leave the hospital the same day following the procedure after they have been observed by the doctor for an appropriate time.
- In many cases patients undergoing breast augmentation desire to stay in the hospital the night of the surgery and leave early the next day.
Possible Side Effects
- Mild, temporary discomfort, mild to moderate swelling, a change in nipple sensation (either increased or decreased), and temporary bruising may be experienced post breast augmentation surgery. Breasts may be sensitive to stimulation for a few weeks.
- Either one breast implant or both may need to be removed and/or replaced to treat complications like deflation, implant rupture, the formation of scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture), which may cause the breast to feel tight or hard, bleeding and/or infection.
- Other risks are an increase or decrease in sensitivity of the nipples or breast skin, which occasionally may be permanent. In none of the studies all over the world, breast implants have been determined to be a causative factor for breast cancer.
- According to Dr Shilpi, this is a very common question asked during consultation whether Breast implant lead to breast cancer?
- The patient can return to work within a few days. She should avoid any physical contact with her breasts (excluding her bra) for approximately three to four weeks. Scars should fade and flatten anywhere from three months to two years after surgery, depending upon how the individual patient heals.
- In dark skinned women and few fair skin type women too there may be a risk of thickening of the scars or keloid formation which can be treated by consulting the surgeon again who may advise to undergo injections for scar treatment or laser for scar treatment or both combined.
Post Procedure care after Breast augmentation
- A support Bra for support needs to be worn for 4-6 weeks to support the tissues while the surgical area heals. You will not be allowed to sleep on your tummy for 6 weeks and handling of breasts will not be allowed for the same duration.
- It must be borne in mind that after a silicone implant has beed placed in your body for breast enlargement you must be in regular follow up with your surgeon and come for periodic examinations every few years. Breast Cancer screening is necessary even in women who have no implants so the same protocol needs to be followed.
- Although the current generation implants are very safe and are meant to last a lifetime but replacement may be necessary eventually after 12-15 years. The replacement procedure is fairly simple and less time taking than the original surgery.
- The result varies from patient to patient. It is important to have a realistic expectation from the procedure. However the overall result is enhancement of breast size, firm and taut breasts for improved appearance and improved self confidence.
- The breast augmentation with implants also leads to breast lift to a good degree. The first consult with the Cosmetic breast surgeon is very important and the expectations must be clearly outlined in order to understand what can Practicaly be achieved.
Dr.Shilpi Bhadani Breast Augmentation Surgery in Gurgaon
- Dr Shilpi Bhadani practices at The Plastic Surgery Clinic in UPHI, Golf course Road, Gurgaon and Paras Hospital Sector 43 Gurgaon.
- Her practice boasts of many celebrity and international clients. She is an expert female breast surgeon who tailors the treatment to her patients’ needs.
- She also provides screening examinations for breast cancer, breast reduction surgery, breast lift for sagging breasts or mastopexy, treatment for removal of excess axillary fat or accessory breasts.
- She is an internationally trained female cosmetic surgeon and has received her training from LaClinic, Switzerland with Dr Michel Pfulg and Dr Serge Le-Huu. She is also a member of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK.
Consult Dr. Shilpi Bhadani for Breast Augmentation Surgery in Gurgaon.
For appointments with Dr Shilpi please call +918130134693
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All aesthetics needs of the patients are met under one roof at her Plastic Surgery Clinic on Golf course road based out of UPHI- The Wellness and Surgical Centre Gurgaon. She has an extensive range of medical therapies for skin aesthetics.