Arm lift surgery in Gurgaon at affordable cost.
An arm lift surgery, also known as a Brachioplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that helps to reduce the extra skin, tighten and smoothen the tissues, and eliminate excess fat to get rid of drooping underarms. Upper arms appear to be more toned and defined after this procedure and the loose skin gets tightened
Who is a suitable candidate for Arm Lift surgery?
- Adults with significant skin laxity in their upper arms.
- Adults of any age who are not significantly overweight and whose weight is relatively stable.
- Individuals who are healthy and do not have any medical issues that would make surgery more difficult or risky.
- Individuals who have a positive frame of mind and have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Arm Lift Surgery Preparation
The doctor advises on how to prepare for the surgery to get the best results. These instructions include the following:
- Smokers should refrain from smoking for at least two weeks before and after the surgery as smoking reduces circulation and affects appropriate healing.
- Alcohol consumption shall also be avoided for a few weeks before and after surgery.
- Avoid taking blood thinning, and anti-inflammatory medication before the surgery because they can cause excessive bleeding.
How is Arm Lift surgery performed?
It is usually done under general anesthesia and might take up to three hours to complete depending on the extent of changes to be made. The procedure includes the following steps:
- The doctor makes a cut on the inner surface of the upper arm. The cut is sometimes performed on the back of the arm as well.
- To remove the extra fat, a thin tube called a cannula is inserted into the target area through a very tiny incision. This step is only performed the the patient also complains of excess fat along with excess skin and is referred to as arm liposuction.
- The underlying muscle is tightened with the help of stitches to define the shape of the upper arm.
- The excess skin is removed.
- With the help of stitches, cuts are closed.
What to expect after the Arm lift surgery?
Like most surgery, the results of arm lift surgery can not be observed immediately after. It takes time as the surgical sites heal in a couple of weeks. After the surgery, one can expect:
- Bruising and swelling
- Temporary numbness
- Pain and a little discomfort which can be easily managed with analgesic/ painkillers.
- Dressings on the upper arm for a week or as suggested by the surgeon.
Recovery after Arm lift surgery
- After the procedure, the arms will be bandaged and will be wrapped in a compression garment which helps to minimize swelling and provide support during the healing process.
- Under the skin, small tubes are placed which help to drain excess blood as well as fluid.
- The patient is expected to return home on the same day of the surgery. The doctor gives certain instructions as well as medications to the patient to prevent any infection.
- The scars, though well concealed, will fade over time.
- One can expect to get back to work in a week to fifteen days time.
Frequently Asked Questions about Arm Lift or Brachioplasty
Q.1 How long does it require to recover from Arm-lift surgery?
Ans. The recovery time for an arm lift is usually 1 to 2 weeks. The patient needs to follow the post-operative suggestions for a faster recovery. Take good rest and avoid doing any strenuous physical activities.
Q.2 Is arm lift surgery painful?
Ans. As the surgery is performed under general anesthesia, the patient doesn’t feel any pain during the surgery. After surgery, the patient might experience slight discomfort and pain. Oral medications as prescribed by the surgeon will help to reduce the pain.
Q.3 After an arm lift, how long does the swelling last?
Ans. Swelling can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, and numbness will fade as the wound heals. Cold compresses can help to reduce bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
Q.4 Are there any complications linked with arm lift surgery?
Ans. The surgery is comparatively safer and no serious risks are involved. Although one should make sure that they choose a qualified surgeon to avoid any mishappening.
Q.5 Is arm lift better or arm liposuction gives better results?
Ans. Arm lift and arm liposuction are not alternative treatments. Rather combining the two of these surgeries can provide the most gratifying results for arm contouring but it depends on individual requirements. Arm lift helps to tone the arms by tightening the muscles & removing excess skin. Whereas, arm lipo only helps to eliminate stubborn fat from the arms. So, both the surgical procedures are effective but serve different purposes.